I am fortunate to have had the means to update my Apple gear over the last 10 years and as some of my posts on this website relate to this hardware, I thought I would share my current home studio set up.
I use this set up in both my personal and professional life, from sketching (Wacom tablet) and Computer Aided Design (SketchUp Pro, Microstation, Revit) to photography (Photos, Aperture) and everything in between.
This arrangement can be used in the following configurations:
- Standalone desktop alongside standalone laptop using thunderbolt display (2-3 screens)
- MacBook Pro (3 screens) using thunderbolt connection to 27”display and display port connection to iMac to use this as a monitor
- iMac 27”
- Apple 27” thunderbolt display
- 13” MacBook Pro
- iPad2 Air
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 6 (used to take this photograph)
- Apple Magic Touchpad
- Apple full sized keyboard
- Wacom Intuos Pro pen tablet & sylus